Dé Céadaoin, Meán Fómhair 09, 2009

Basic Phrases of Glens' Irish

Note - phrases specific to the dialect are marked *.

[I hope to put up a pronunciation guide in the future] 

Sé do bheatha

Welcome

Dia libh anseo

God be with those here.

Goidé mar atá tú?

How are you?

Goidé an dóigh atá ort?

How are you?

Goidé an chuma atá ort?

How are you?

Tá mé / sinne go maith

I / We are well

Tá mé (díreach) drotara*

I am (just) alright

’bhfeil Gaelc agat?

Do you have Irish?


Yes

Chan fheil ach rud beag

I have only a little

Tuigim go maith

I understand well

Tuigeann tú go glé mhaith / go breagha

I understand very well

Goidé an t-ainm atá ort? (ainm is pron. airm!)

What is your name?

Goidé a shaoileas tú don aimsir* seo

What do you think of this weather

Tá an lá seo giobach

This is a rough day

Cá as duit?

Where are you form

Beannacht leatgood bye


Sabháilt** ’un abhaile dhuit (**actually orignally a mistake!)

Safe home to you

Oíche mhaith (pron. mhath)

Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment